Sierra Makerspaces has partnered with Hacker Lab, the Truckee Roundhouse and Sierra Business Council to hire two Student Makers in Residence for the spring 2018 term. Students applied and interviewed for the position, and hiring committees included the executive dean of the Tahoe Truckee Campus and the Sierra Makerspaces director.
Job Responsibilities include:
· Passing required staff safety training/certification
· Supporting program curricula
· Learn equipment and best practices
· Learn general machine care and maintenance
· Assisting faculty, students and community members with use of equipment and tools, ensure safety, and ensure compliance with the rules and policies of the workspace.
· Supervise student projects during designated open lab times
· Monthly summary and documentation of MIR activities to be submitted to Sierra College
· Serve as a liaison between the makerspace and the Sierra College campus
Minimum Academic Requirements include:
Sierra College student must have a 2.0 minimum cumulative GPA at the time of application, hire, and/or rehire and be enrolled in a minimum of 3 units per semester during time of employment.