Earners of this badge have proven their ability to rapidly develop and test ideas by gathering massive amounts of customer and marketplace feedback. Many startups fail by not validating their ideas early on with real-life customers. In order to mitigate that, students will learn how to get out of the building and search for the real pain points and unmet needs of customers. Only with these can the entrepreneur find a proper solution and establish a suitable business model. View badge here
- Launching startups
- Business innovation
- Design thinking
- Customer development
- Lean startup
- Customer Value Proposition
- Business Model Canvas
WHAT IT TAKES TO EARN THIS BADGE
- Complete lesson plan in the Free Udacity course “How to Start a Startup”
- Complete the Business Model Canvas as outlined on the Strategyzer website and in alignment with the “How to Build a Startup” course
- Complete the Value Proposition Canvas as outlined on the Strategyzer website and in alignment with the “How to Build a Startup” course
- Conduct market research to test your hypotheses in your Business Model Canvas and Value Proposition Canvas by interviewing no less than 25 prospective customers. Record meeting notes in a spreadsheet. Update your canvas based on insights gained.
- Create a simple landing page using the free Unbounce page builder that clearly outlines — with words and images — the customer value proposition and call to action.
- Create a 7 slide pitch deck in alignment with the principles outlined in YCombinator article “How to Pitch Your Company”