October 17, 2019 ISAM:
- Hacking Maslow: Assessment, Scale, and Survival of a Statewide Community College Makerspace Network in California
- Finding Middle Q: Sierra College’s Public-Private Makerspace Partnership as a Strategy for Workforce Development
April 24-26, 2019 NACCE make/SHIFT the Makerspace Ecosystem Summit
April 5, 2019 IFAI – Preparing A Future Workforce at California Community Colleges
How the Maker Movement Drives Education Innovation
October 29, 2018 CA STEAM conference, Long Beach CA – Making Makerspace Inclusive for Female Students: How To Maura J. Devlin-Clancy – Learn research-based best practices and hear City College of San Francisco MakerSPHERE’s boots-on-the-ground experience increasing access
October 25, 2018 American Association of Community Colleges with National Science Foudnation ATE Principle Investigators Conference, Washington DC — Makerspaces for CTE/STEM: Strategies for Teaching, Inclusion, and Workforce Maura J. Devlin-Clancy, Kathleen White, City College of San Francisco, San Francisco, CA
With California Community College Maker Initiative funding, City College of San Francisco (CCSF) established MakerSPHERE, three networked makerspaces. This discussion will share information on designing and equipping three makerspaces; recruiting and retaining female and underrepresented students; and connecting to the CCSF Teacher Prep Center to grow future teachers in CTE/STEM. Discussion topics include how to set up new spaces and establish a Community of Practice, recruiting nontraditional students, curriculum development, and new strategies for Making in education.
October 19-20, 2018 MakerEd Convening, San Jose CA – Building Maker Pathways from K-12 Community College Carol Pepper-Kittredge & Deborah Bird, CCC Maker
September 19-21, 2018 NACCE Go West! Making, Inventing & Entrepreneurship, San Francisco
- Social Entrepreneurship and Inventing for Life and Work! Video of Sierra College students Mason Sage & Savannah Turner presenting during lunchtime panel
- Integrating Entrepreneurship with Makerspaces
- College of Marin, Lead on Bay Area Regional Joint Venture on Integrating Entrepreneurship into Makerspaces
- Denise Bushnell, NFN Regional Entrepreneurship Coordinator, Sierra College/Hackerlab
- John Graulty, Dean of Visual, Applied, and Performing Arts, Cabrillo College
- The Power of Ecosystem Mapping: Lessons from 24 colleges in the Maker 3 Innovation Grant
- Deborah Bird, Technical Assistance, Advisor, CCC Maker Initiative
- Dr. Amy Schulz, Dean, Career, Continuing, & Technical Education, Sierra College
- Brie Lindsey, Senior Program Associate, California Council on Science & Technology
August 3-5, 2018 ISAM 2018 at Stanford:
- Growing A Network of Makerspaces in California Community Colleges: Moving Towards Implementation and Adoption
- Santa Maria’s Central Coast Makerspace Collaborative: A Network of Internal and External Partners
- Making Across the Curriculum: Multidisciplinary Making at Folsom Lake College
National Coalition of Advanced Manufacturing Centers 2018 Workshop held at CCC Maker participant’s campus — College of the Canyons in Santa Clarita – Salomon Davila & Deborah Bird Presented for CCC Maker
Carol Pepper-Kittredge, Statewide Director, CCC Maker, gave a keynote presentation about how CCC Maker built a network of college makerspaces during breakfast at the California State (CSU) University Maker Convening held at CSU Sonoma on Friday, June 1, 2018.
Deborah Bird Presented the CCC Maker Initiative at the SCITech Conference on April 10, 2018 in Oceanside CA.
CCC Maker gave a presentation at CCCCOE on the CCC Maker Initiative and Guided Pathways Alignment on March 9, 2018
At the Linked Learning Convention in Anaheim on Feb. 12-14, Salomon Davila, TAP, CCC Maker, participated in a pop up makespace. Glendale Community College displayed student projects.
On Feb. 21, 2018 at the CCST Expert Briefing on the Maker Movement and Higher Education in California, held with the California Community College Chancellor’s Office, Carol Pepper-Kittredge, Statewide Project Manager, presented on CCC Maker.
January 26, 2018 AMETLL Workshop Long Beach CCC Maker Initiative Deborah Bird
International Symposium on Academic Makerspaces (ISAM): We Are All In This Together: Building a Network of Makerspaces in California Community Colleges
Green Technology Summit (April 27, 2017) CCC Maker + The Green Economy
International Symposium on Academic Makerspaces (ISAM) Creating a Network of Community Colleges with Makerspaces: California’s CCC Maker Model